Employment with AT Labs
Application Window Closed
Applications are generally open halfway through Spring, Summer C, and Fall semesters.
Contact AT Labs Supervisors with any questions:
(352) 392-8510 | email@example.com
Technology Consultant Job Description:
- Helping users with minor hardware and software difficulties using Academic Technology resources.
- Maintaining and enforcing the class reservation system and preparing the classrooms for reserved classes.
- Enforcing AT lab policies, lab security policies, monitoring user activities, and reporting problems.
- Maintaining a positive working environment, keeping excessive noise in the lab to a minimum, keeping the lab work areas neat and free of trash and excessive paper.
- Changing paper and toner as needed.
- Following AT Lab policies and procedures.
- Reporting problems accurately.
- Diligently studying training materials.
Technology Consultant Job Qualifications:
- Work experience: Must have held a job before or been involved in an activity which required some degree of responsibility. References should be available. Experience working with the public is helpful.
- Software requirements: Experience with Windows and a word processing package, preferably Microsoft Word. Knowledge of a spreadsheet package and some programming experience are helpful but not required.
- Computer requirements: At least some experience working on a PC or Macintosh through school, work, and/or home computer use.
- Time requirements: Ability to work a minimum of ten (10) hours per week for a minimum of two (2) semesters.
Technology Consultants may pursue two promotional paths. After working with AT Labs for at least six months, they may apply to work as a Training Specialist, tasked with training new and current employees and conducting employee evaluations. After working with AT Labs for at least a year, Technology Consultants may apply to be an Operations Supervisor. Training Specialists may also apply for a supervisory position.